Wednesday, February 23, 2011

RAFT Assignment

Dear Che,

It seems so long ago when we embarked on this journey. We have come a long way and much has happened throughout our travels. I feel as though the journey lasted forever, yet it passed by all too quickly. The people we met, the places we saw, and the adventures we took on will always be a part of me. We started off as young men, looking for a change of pace and adventure. Now we are older and wiser, yet still the same adventurous youths we once were. Although our travels brought us some unfortunate events, such as the death of La Poderosa, our days in the arid desert, quenching for thirst, and the hard labor we put in after being caught stowing away on a boat, our travels brought me one thing that makes up for all the harsh times.
Traveling around South America has taught me much about different cultures and places. Each country had a unique characteristic about it, as well as similarities with each other. For example, our journey through Chile presented us with their warm hospitality and never ending food. The people were generous and allowed us to sleep in their homes. Yet at other times during our traveling, we were faced with harsh conditions and left stranded to fend for ourselves. Most importantly, I learned that the best way to travel is with a friend. The places we experienced were majestic on their own, but sharing those experiences with my dear friend, made them even better. Our traveling taught me that life is just one big experience, but it is important to have someone with you whom you can share it with.
I hope that we get the chance to embark on a new adventure together someday soon. I know the youthful, curious explorers still lives inside us both. I miss you and hope you are doing well. I pray for your health and happiness every day. Thank you for all the memories and adventures you have shared with me.
Your Dear Friend,
Alberto

1 comment:

  1. This seems like Alberto is crazy since he is talking to himself. I think it would be very interesting if you wrote this at the end of the book comparing the beginning of the book Alberto and the Che he has become.

    ReplyDelete