Thursday, February 24, 2011

IRP Blog Post #4

"I walked for miles, through Kirribilli, Neutral Bay, and Cremorne Point, and on through the prosperous precincts of Mosman before at last I came to Balmoral with a sheltered beach overlooking Middle Harbour and a splendid waterfront park shaded with stout Moreton Bay figs, the loveliest tree in Australia by far. A sign by the water's edge noted that if you were eaten by sharks it wasn't because you hadn't been warned." (Bryson 57).

I chose this quote, because in just one sentence, he describes five different placed he traveled through. There was a lot of description and details in the first sentence. I also liked this quote because I feel it represents Bill Bryson's writing styles. Although this book is not a real diary, his move by move descriptions make it feel as though I am on the journey with him. I connected this to Che's "The Motorcyle Diaries" because Che's memoirs also make it seem as though I am on the journey with him.

1 comment:

  1. I also connected it to Che's Motorcycle Diaries when I read that quote. He seems to write in a style that is very easy to follow and everyday talking. I loved the description in this.

    ReplyDelete